Skip to Main Content
Excellence and Expertise

Graduate student artwork featured in upcoming exhibition

A Miami University Master of Fine Arts (MFA) second-year graduate student, Kelley Booze, will display her artwork in an upcoming exhibition.

image of the exhibition's advertising postcard
Excellence and Expertise

Image 2

Following the public opening reception on March 8 from 6-9 p.m., Booze's paintings can be viewed in the exhibition through Aug. 10. The exhibition is called “Delicate Ecologies” and is housed at the Indian Hill Gallery in Cincinnati.

According to the gallery, “the paintings seem still and soft, with the appearance of the surface rendered with a sensitivity of mark and a delicate use of the medium. The artists create a quiet moment of reflection.”

Booze’s paintings include several that she created during her first year out of three in the MFA program.

“I’m very grateful to be in this program and really admire the dedication and spirit of the faculty in the Department of Art,” Booze said. “I especially enjoy the camaraderie of my peers in the program as well as working with undergrad students.”

In the fall semester of 2023, Booze did an independent study in the theatre department with dance instructor Ashley Goos. She focused on choreography and contemporary dance.

“It was great to cross into a different department to further my artistic growth,” Booze said. “The support from both departments is a testament to their commitment to the development of their students and to the necessity of the arts in higher education.”

Booze is constantly learning about her own art and thanks those at Miami who helped her achieve this feature in the exhibition.

“I feel challenged, encouraged, and supported everyday in my evolving studio practice,” Booze said. “I’m continuously being shaped and molded by my experiences here at Miami, not only as an artist but as a person.”