Skip to Main Content
Excellence and Expertise

2021 alum now works at major production company

Harold Sherr, a 2021 ETBD alum, works as a motion graphics designer for BLINK, a multi-disciplinary production company specializing in live music.

Excellence and Expertise

Image 2

After graduation, Miami University students can transform their hobbies into incredible careers.

Harold Sherr, a 2021 ETBD alum, works as a motion graphics designer for BLINK, a multi-disciplinary production company specializing in live music. Some of his clients include Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Maroon 5, Apple TV, Hulu and more!

He specializes in real-time graphics tool, Notch, which helps him create screen visuals content, motion-sensing interactions and SFX for live camera feeds. He also uses the traditional Adobe Suite for other animation needs.

But before he could earn his success, Sherr learned so much at Miami. 

For his capstone course, Sherr was ‘Head of Motion and Projection’ design “The Poet Shack”, which projected colors and lights onto campus buildings. During his time here, he also made brand or logo mock-ups and built up his freelance portfolio. 

“I used the portfolio as a freelance opportunity in the meantime while looking for a job,” Sherr said. “It was helpful to maintain my skill set.”

BLINK eventually found his portfolio and reached out to Sherr via email. He instantly accepted the company’s offer for a six-month paid internship program.

“I knew I had to chase a job down and not wait around,” Sherr said. “With the internship, I was doing exactly what I wanted to. I was treated as a full-time employee.”

Sherr especially thanks Miami professors Vanessa Cannon, Michael Bailey-Van Kuren and his CCA111 class, and Ben Nicholson, who motivated him to keep perfecting his passion and kept in touch even after school. 

“I always liked to create, but I never had a path until I was with them,” Sherr said. “[Nicholson] believed in me and was rooting for me. I view him as the ultimate mentor that helped me find the niche that I fell in love with.”

Most of all, Sherr’s advice to prospective students like him is to have a constant drive and to learn something new from every project, no matter how small or how big.